• Under the supervision of the Ice Plant Supervisor, the Ice Plant Operator directs and is responsible for operations of the Ice Plant.
• Performs daily task covering assigned Ice Plant activities.
• Attends training and ensures best safety practices are followed.
• Performs multiple activities to include, but not limited to: expenditure research and authorization, supply ordering, receiving, issue and inventories.
• Provides technical assistance to the sub-contract personnel and daily Ice Plant operations.
• Interfaces with designated government representatives and other contractor elements to ensure smooth operations and compliance with government directives, standards, and needs.
• Conducts the ordering, tracking, receiving, storage, distribution, maintenance, and turn-in of supplies and equipment. Ensures compliance with first-in-first-out rotation and shelf life policies.
• Maintains full accountability for all property control and property records.
• Responsible for the Ice Plant Key Control System.
• Maintains copies of SDS sheets for applicable supplies received
• Maintains all records in accordance with applicable US Military Regulations.
• Prepares daily, weekly, monthly, and quarterly and other situational reports.
• Performs other related duties as required
• This position description is subject to change at any time as needed to meet the requirements of the program or company.
• Education/Certifications: One-year related experience may be substituted for one year of education, if degree is required.
• High school diploma or equivalent. Must provide a copy of diploma.
• Minimum of five (5) to six (6) years of experience in ice plant operations, warehousing, or inventory control required.
o Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Point (HACCP) certification or the ability to obtain certification within 90 days of hire required.
o Driver’s license required.
o Must be able to operate material handling equipment, such as forklift, pallet jack, man lift etc.
o Knowledge of material safety data sheets (MSDS) and storage requirements to meet compatibility of products based on hazard class required.
o Knowledge of ice plant equipment, troubleshooting, and repair required.
o Knowledge of ice production and water sources sampling is required.
o Must be able to understand test results from approved laboratory sources.
• Working Conditions:
o Must be capable of working in an extreme weather conditions with temperatures exceeding 120 degrees Fahrenheit.
o Indoor and/or outdoor environment with very adverse and harsh conditions (i.e., hot, dry, duty, desert environment with average temperatures of 30 degrees in the winter and 130 degrees in the summer months).
o Includes some industrial production environment conditions as well.
• Physical Requirements:
o Medium work. Exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 30 pounds of force frequently, and/or up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects.
o Employee use of personal protective equipment (PPE) is required for some situations. PPE includes, but is not limited to, head, foot, torso, respiratory, vision, and hearing protective devices.
o Must comply with all Fire and Safety Regulations and post policies.
• Female qualified candidates encouraged to apply.
Only Shortlisted qualified Candidates will be contacted.
Silver RayHR does not charge job seekers for job opportunities