BENARD NDUNGU KAGUNYI
Nairobi, Kenya. Tell: +93783072718,E-mail –Kagunyindungu@gmail.com
To Highly motivated and capable professional cook with more than 4 years’ experience, I have passion for preparing popular, healthy and nutritious meals. Having a ‘hands on’ approach to all areas of the kitchen and possessing excellent organizational skills and administrative skills. A quick learner who can effortlessly fit into an existing established environment, and encourage junior staff to achieve their best when preparing meals.
♦ International Experience ♦ Superb Working Skills ♦ Tireless Work Ethic
♦ Budget Management ♦ Regulatory Compliance ♦ Total Customer Focus
DYNCORP INTERNATIONAL (AFGHANISTAN) (Lead Cook)
September 2016- Present
• Cooking and preparing a variety of fresh nutritious midday meals and other refreshments.
• Monitor food storage to ensure optimal freshness, helping reduce spoilage by 14%
• Trained 5 line cooks on kitchen sanitation after consistently scoring 100% on routine safety and cleanliness checks
• Supervising food service assistants and kitchen staff, organizing their daily duties and monitoring performance.
• Ensuring that appropriate levels of hygiene and cleanliness maintained in the kitchen.
• Washing, cutting and preparing food before it is cooked.
• Controlling stock rotation to ensure the kitchen and larder are always well stocked.
• Preparing hamburgers, fresh food, fried chickens, steaks, pizzas etc.
DYNCORP INTERNATINAL (AFGHANISTAN) (cook)
March 2015 – August 2016
• Making sure good nutritional standards are maintained when preparing meals.
• Making sure that all food at point of delivery is of the highest quality.
• Enquiring is any clients have allergies and then cooking meals accordingly.
• Responsible for high standards of food, hygiene, and health and safety.
• Keeping an eye on the temperature of cookers and roasters.
• Constantly checking the quality of the food being served to customers.
• Checking staff to make sure they are wearing appropriate clothing whilst in the kitchen.
• Encouraging junior staff in their training and development.
• Contacting suppliers and ordering vegetables, meats, kitchen and cleaning equipment.
• Taking into account the wishes of clients when planning of menus.
• Full knowledge of the Statutory Regulations contained in the Health & Safety at Work Act.
• Comprehensive understanding of Food Hygiene Regulations.
• Experience of high volume catering in a busy work place.
• Detailed knowledge of seasoning and recipes.
• Fully conversant with various cooking methods like boiling, baking, roasting and steaming.
•Maintaining personal and professional development to meet the changing demands of the job.
•Able to work as part of a team.
•Relaxed personality with excellent communication skills.
•Eager to learn new recipes and cooking techniques.
KEY COMPETENCIES AND SKILLS
Attention to detail
Utali collage 2012 – 2014
Basic Food Hygiene Certificate, in Food Preparation
Certificate in Basic Food Hygiene
DynCorp Food Service Manager
Camp Dwyer- Afghanistan
Rate This Resume
( No reviews yet )