***MATERIAL HANDLING EQUIPMENT RESUME***
Peterson Kimathi Njiru
173 Manyatta-Embu Road
Cell: (254)721372361 / (254)734969875
MATERIAL HANDLING EQUIPMENT SUMMARY:
- Offers great physical stamina and skills in organizing, sorting and categorizing merchandise to maximize the efficiency of warehouse.
- Providing input to identify key success factors for Equipment crew.
- Provides leadership to cause the creation of organizational structure and processes required to fully execute the requirements of services and is responsible for the execution of Equipment services, quality, subcontractor performance and construction cost; evaluates Equipment.
- Service execution for compliance to contract, design data, schedule, cost budgets, and quality, advising the project team of status, issues, impacts, risk, and cost influence factors on to go scope.
- Maintains the short range look ahead plans and discusses all deviations with the General Foreman.
- Reviews and monitors cost and man-hour budget for installation process develops an equipment and tool requirement plan and reviews it with the General Foreman.
- Ability to operate frontend loader, skid steer and rough terrain forklift.
- Over 6 years of extensive experience working in material handling jobs
- Highly skilled in loading and unloading material within a warehouse setting
- Able to operate a fork lift, pallet jack, Backhoe, Excavator, Track hoe, Dozer, Motor Grader, Bobcat, Loaders, Trencher
- Hands on experience in performing visual inspections to ensure that materials are identified as per the PO
- In depth knowledge of planning organizing and managing time to complete simultaneous work duties
- Demonstrated ability to make timely decisions
- Good housekeeping and safety acumen
- Profound mechanical and troubleshooting skills
- Able to perform basic math calculations
- Effective communication skills
- Able to work in potentially dangerous areas, including combat or war zones involving the possibility of suffering harm by dangerous forces or friendly fire.
- Able to work in dangerous environment conditions
- Moderate to heavy lifting.
- Processed a shipment of very valuable parts to an offshore site without any damage which decreased damages.
- Trained a group of six new handlers to manage an especially big materials shipment
- Demonstrating strong communication skills.
- Knowledge of Hazardous Materials and OSHA Regulations.
- Complete all necessary logging and reporting documents accurately and file according to procedure.
Material Handler | Solel Boneh InternationalHoldings (AG) Kenya
Jun 2013 – March 2016
- Supply proper materials to system as and when required
- Monitor material systems for fault-free operations
- Receive materials from the dock
- Provide replenishment materials to the manufacturing plant
- Review packing slips for necessary data
- Secure lifting attachments to material to convey to destination
- Update records in the database
Loader / H-Young & Co (EA) Limited /Feb 2012 – April 2013
- Read loading sheet to ascertain materials or pallets to be moved
- Conducted day by day operator checklist
- Loaded materials into trailer
- Placed load lock in appropriate location on trailer
- Cleaned and straightened assigned loading dock
- Ensures all incinerators are operated in an efficient and compliant manner, that all waste containers are unloaded from vehicles.
- Observe and performs all duties in compliance with all applicable safety rules including wearing required PPE.
- Observe all environmental compliance policies and procedures.
Material Handling Equipment /Sogea (Vinci) Satom / March 2009 – June 2011
- Background in Material Handling Equipment operations.
- Certifying and operating MHE equipment to include Variable Reach Rough Terrain Forklifts 10K capacity, up to 30K capacity wheel loaders with forklift attachments.
- Trains and certifies on Variable Reach 45 Ton Container Handlers.
- Performs crane rigging duties if the mission dictates I.e. Wheel/Overhead Cranes up to 200 tons, Dragline Cranes, Grader, Lattice Boom Cranes, and Long Boom Cranes with Special Attachments, Tower Cranes, and Derricks.
- Report any issues identified to shift Lead.
- Perform housekeeping assignments and all other duties as required or requested including various cleanup activities in and around trash pads.
- Ensure work area is clean and free of debris; clean up all spills immediately in and around incinerator site and trash pad.
Kenya Institute of Highways Building $ Technology (Skilled Trades – Rigging/Operator Certification)
Don Bosco High School (High School Diploma)
- Thorough understanding of OSHA, EPA and other regulations of safe practices
Proficient in MS Office Suite
willing to learn company specific software
- Possess a valid driver’s license from my country.
- Fluent in English
- Possess a passport with 12 months of remaining validity with more than 6 blank visa/stamp pages
- Possess driver’s license with more than 6 months of remaining validity
1, James Gitau Macharia
P.O. Box 8051 -00300
2, Muchoki Antony
P.O Box 147,-00700