Peter Mumo Mwalimu
Republic of Kenya
Cell: + 254710185754
E – mail: email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org
To obtain a position within your company and utilize my education, experience, knowledge and professionalism, highly motivated and energetic professional with strong experience in leadership. A quick learner who contributes to the organization through talents for prioritizing, handling pressure, and building strong client relationships based on enthusiasm and dedicated personal style. An excellent communicator and team player that can positively impact in an organization.
• Extremely hard worker with a great sense of responsibility and professionalism.
• Attentive to the details. Adaptable to multiple changes.
• Excellent organizational and communicational skills.
• Real team player, reliable, quick learner, motivated, friendly.
• Able to communicate at any level within the company.
• Strong analytical and troubleshooting skills.
• Able to meet deadlines and work well under pressure.
• Loyal to work responsibilities; willingness to work overtime to meet schedules and deadlines.
Education and Qualifications:
2010-2014:Dyncorp international company, Afghanistan.
2009-2010:Sabre international security company, I RAQ.
2002-2008:KENYA NAVY-NAVAL BASE HEADQUARTERS ,MOMBASA,
1998-2001:Mutonguni High school, O level certificate
1989-1997: Primary school education
Work experience& Skills
British Army Training Unit Kenya (UK MOD)[BATUK]
MAY 2017- PRESENT
Position: PLUMBER LEAD.
- Provides a full range of plumbing services to the Camp and all satellite sites under the direction of the Plumbing Supervisor including installation and repair of pipes, fittings, fixtures and drainage systems.
- Assembles, installs and repairs pipes, fittings, and fixtures of heating, water, and drainage systems according to specifications and plumbing codes; studies building plans and working drawings to determine required work tools and equipment, and sequence of installation.
- Inspects structures to ascertain obstructions to be avoided to prevent weakening the structure resulting from pipe installation; locates and marks pipe and connection position and passage holes for pipes in walls and floors using tape measure, spirit level, and plumb bob.
- Uses hand and power tools to cut openings in walls and floors to accommodate pipe and pipe fittings; uses a pipe cutter and pipe-threading machine to cut and thread pipes.
- Assembles and installs valves, pipe fittings, and pipes made from metals or non metals; joins pipe using screws, bolts, flanges, fittings, solder or plastic solvent; fills pipe system with water or air and reads pressure gauges to ensure system is not leaking.
- Installs and repairs plumbing fixtures, sinks, commodes, bathtubs, water heaters, hot water tanks, garbage disposal units, dishwashers, and water softeners; repairs and maintains plumbing by replacing washers, mending leaking pipes, and opening clogged drains.
- Maintains pool equipment including: sand filters, pumps and accessory equipment, chemical feed pumps, tubing and control system.
- Assembles, installs, maintains and repairs pipes, fittings, insulation, valves and associated items for HVAC hot and chilled water piping systems including welding as required.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
May 2014- April 19, 2017 : Widestride construction and water works ltd company
Position: SITE FOREMAN.
Responsible for ensuring that all activity meets both internal company standards and
external regulatory requirements with respect to Health, Safety and the Environment to ensure the Company’s obligations and policies in these areas are fully complied with.
- Ensuring that all building/construction activities are correctly costed and the complete design is delivered to the agreed budget.
- Liaising with client representatives, other professionals within design teams and
- Contractors’ representatives during construction
- Encouraging continuous improvement through the measurement and reporting of the key operational aspects to senior manager. Carrying out site visits and surveys, Monitoring environmental protection measures & reporting of any hazards/incidents.
- Supporting tender bids, providing specialist direction on unusual or difficult engineering issues.
- Attending meetings and competently communicate with Clients, Contractors and
- major asset owners and stakeholders
- Setting out Project works in accordance with Drawings & Specification
- Applying personal technical knowledge and experience to the development and delivery of technical training for both skilled and unskilled employees.
- Preparing enquiry and order documents
- Supervising Projects: including in house, external contractors and sub
- Maintenance of daily records, obtains work permit for earth works, concrete works and pavement works.
- Chooses the right materials for all building departments including plumbing, carpentry, road works, electrical and Hvac, masonry and welding.
MAY 2015-PRESENT :BIKAS CONTRACTORS
Position: Business associate.
- Participates in projects budgeting and contract price estimation.
- Fills business questionnaire forms
- Participates in tendering processes, including buying of required items/materials
- Attends site meetings
- Provides technical advisory/trouble shooting in all construction works including working on challenging works
- Obtains required work permits from local and central government
- Maintains required specifications on all construction works
- Participates in sub-contracting and processing of all companies documentations; including delivery note, invoices and payment vouchers.
- Contacts clients for issues regarding contracts and technical issues requiring certain changes
November 2013 – April 2014 : DynCorp Intl. LOGCAP IV FOB PASAB Afghanistan
Position: PLUMBER FOREMAN
- Specific duties: Light Construction, plumbing maintenance and repairs tasks, including:
- Installations, repair and maintenance of individual pipes; fittings; fixtures and drainage systems;
- Plumbing repairs or installation for systems in laundry rooms, kitchens and rest rooms within the housing, office and ablution units
- Installation, replacement and repairs of Hot water heaters and boilers, hot and cold water tanks
- Maintenance of Chemical feed systems
- Installation and repair of Fuel feed systems, including fuel pumps and bulk fuel bladders and Emergency showers.
- Drives a service truck and maintains dispatch records
- Generates, and Completes Service orders and work orders
- Follows and Adheres to Logistics and warehousing procedures
- Maintains Vehicle operations within the department.
- Prepares and submits detailed reports on plumbing projects for the Base plumbing Supervisor
- Performs additional duties as assigned by the Base Supervisor
- Installs ,repairs and maintains water supply systems, purification and distribution systems and waste water systems
October 2010 November 2013 :DynCorp International LOGCAP IV Kandahar Airfield, Afghanistan
Position: plumbing Foreman/plumbing inspector
- To develop the Preventive Maintenance Inspection schedule for all plumbing systems, plumbing piping, infrastructure drainage systems to include all potable water production, storage and distribution systems and components.
- To maintain database of all plumbing activities.
- To provide Safety training to Plumbing Crews.
- To supervise job assignments to skilled and semi skilled employees, laborers and helpers.
- Responsible for the correct and efficient execution of assigned work project involving the installation, removal, maintenance and repair of all plumbing equipment and plumbing systems.
- To coordinate support with all O&M crafts.
- To ensure all permits are obtained for projects requiring dig permits, confined space entry, etc.
- Instill within the assigned employees the cooperative attitude necessary for working closely with other maintenance trades workers.
- To complete daily activity reports for all plumbing activity and work.
- To Manage Records of materials and supplies received, used and held in stock.
- To estimate amount of work hours, materials and supplies needed.
- To Keep abreast of development in the trade through the reading of periodicals and manufacturers instructions and descriptions.
Skills: Working knowledge of the plumbing trade including the installation, repair and maintenance of hot and cold water lines, sewer lines, soil lines, traps and appliances such as water closets, lavatories, urinals, showers and tubs.
Able to read and follow blueprints, diagrams and engineering specifications.
Working understanding of ablution units, septic systems, loop systems, boilers, fuel lines, safety shower systems, water treatment plants, installation of water alternating water pumps and circulation lines, Basic electrical skills.
May 2010 – 2010 September: Sabre international, IRAQ Camp Caldwell, Kirkuk
Position: Bus Driver
- Drove bus to transport passengers/Guards over specified routes to local and distant points according to time schedule
- Assisted passengers/Guards with baggage
- Regulated heating, lighting and ventilating systems for passenger comfort
- Complied with local base traffic regulations
- Inspected bus and checked gas, oil and water before departure, Reported delays and accidents.
- Conducted pre-trip and post- trip inspections to ensure safe vehicle operations
- performed pre-trip and post- trip maintenance check on the vehicles
- Completed appropriate paperwork for vehicle mileage and safety pre-task planning.
- Completed appropriate paperwork for possible maintenance problems.
June 2009- 2010 April: Sabre international security company, IRAQ Camp Caldwell, Kirkuk [Close force protection- IRAQ].Armed guard.
Position: Shift leader/platoon commander
- Provided statics security guard within the base and at various towers in the base
- Conducted rover patrolling within the perimeter in the base
- Searched all incoming vehicle for explosive devices and unauthorized materials
- Performed “Over watch duties at the entry control access gate
- Performed tower Over watch at the base perimeter
- Conducted all 100% on all hands ID Check for the purpose of damages, alternation, expiring date, correction signature authorized and tempering
- Used x-Ray machine to scan bags, jackets package of all local nationals and visitors who passed through pedestrian gate
- Monitored and scanned Close circuit Television and Surveillances Cameras within the base inside towers
- Conducted vehicles searches, mirroring and scanned interior compartment of the vehicle, wand visitors and local national citizen at the access control point
- Escorted uncleared employees, visitors, customers and other individuals into classified areas.
2008 Feb- 2009 June: Wambua plumbers’ ltd co .and Renovators.
position: Plumber technician lead
- To assist the general director by providing input to identify key success factors for plumbing crew.
- Provides leadership to cause the creation of organizational structure and processes required to fully execute the requirements of services and is responsible for the plumbing services, quality, subcontractor performance and construction cost.
- Evaluates Plumbing service execution for compliance to contract, design data, schedule, cost budgets and quality, advising the project team of status, issues, impacts, risk and cost influence factors on “to go” scope.
- To maintain the short range look ahead plans and discuss all deviations with the general director.
- To review and monitor cost and man-hour budget for installation process, develop an equipment and tool requirement plan and review it with the general director.
- Assemble, install and repair pipes, fitting and fixture of heating, water and drainage systems.
- Complete records; maintain tools and equipment to perform various activities. Coordinate with plumbers to get most efficient time, cost to complete given task.
Skills: Working knowledge of the plumbing trade including the installation, repair and maintenance of hot and cold water lines, sewer lines, soil lines, fuel lines, water pumps and circulation lines, water tanks, water treatment plants, traps and appliances such as water closets, lavatories, urinals, showers and tubs.
Able to read and follow blueprints, diagrams and engineering specifications
Working understanding of ablution units, septic systems, loop systems, drainage systems, water pump installations, installation of high raised gravity water tanks, Basic electrical skills.
2002 January-2002 June: KENYA MILITARY TRAINING SCHOOL, ELDORET.
Trained on how to use various weapons, how to survive in adverse conditions and basically how to manage disasters in different levels.
2002 August-2002 December: KENYA NAVY TRAINING SCHOOL,LAMU-MOMBASA.
Trained as Seamanship, Radio & Radar and report procedures,(Electronics), Marine Engineering, Supply & Secretariat, Communications and Clerical Studies (General Duties & Pay),Plumbing and pipe fitting, computer applications, leadership courses, Advanced use of weapons including rules for the use of force, crowd controls, manning ecps, towers and classified compounds, controlling maritime traffic moving between Somalia and Kenya.
2003 Jan-2003 December : KENYA NAVY TRAINING SCHOOL,MANDA BAY
COURSES COVERED:PLUMBER TRAINEE.
- Installation and repair of pipe systems, plumbing fixtures, boiler controls, water purification and distillation systems
- Maintenance and repair of hydraulic and pneumatic systems.
- Installation of high gravity tanks.
- Installation of pressure lines, sinks, shower items, pumps, kitchen items, lavatories, urinals, water closets and tubs.
- Learned how to read and follow blue prints, diagrams and engineering specifications.
- Installation of alternating water pumps and circulation lines
- Basic electrical skills.
2004 feb-2007 October: KENYA NAVAL BASE HEADQUARTERS,
Position: plumber Technician:
- Maintained heating systems, basic water supply and water distribution systems
- Installed and repaired pipe systems for waste water
- Installed and repaired fuel lines, showers, water bladders, pressure pumps, sinks and kitchen items.
- Maintained plumbing fixtures, pipes, stacks, brackets, traps, vents and insulation
- Followed Construction plans and drawings during new installations.
2007 November-2007 December: KENYA NAVY MARINE TRAINING SCHOOL.
–Advanced Individual Training, on-the-job instructions, including practice with carpentry and masonry tools.
2008 JAN: MILITARY CONTRACT ENDS
Other skills and expertise:
Computer skills: Computer skills include MS Office, MS word, Windows, Excel, Fax, Copiers
Knowledge in internet and website administration
Languages: English and Swahili- fluent English in all levels.
Driver :KENYA DEFENCE FORCES Driving school Langata Barracks ,Class BCE with Basic Mechanics-Defensive driving.
Firefighting: Kenya Defence Forces Recruits Training School, Eldoret
Site and Workshop management: Kenya Naval Training school, Mtongwe.
Dispatching and fleet control: Kenya Naval Base Logistics Department, NAVY HEADQUARTERS.
Date of birth: Nov 30 1981
Marital status: Married
MAJOR GENERAL, KENYA NAVY DEFENCE FORCE.
KENYA NAVAL BASE HEADQUATERS, MOMBASA
PO BOX 9709, MOMBASA.
DYNCORP INTERNATIONAL, AFGHANISTAN
SABRE INTERNATIONAL, IRAQ
Phone # 9102242081[united states]